Absolute Tea

Sunday, March 19

Mystery Tea

There is this tea sitting in a baggie on top of my fridge. It's not the best way to store tea, but I don't know what else to do with it. I got it as a gift and all I was told is that it is not green tea.

So what is it?

I'm guessing it's an oolong tea because I was told that it is an expencive tea from Taiwan, and me knowing tea concluded that it had to be something that Taiwan does well. Since Taiwans best tea export is oolong tea, I have no doubt that that is what it is.

I really wanted to do a review piece on it, but I'm not exactly sure how to brew it. Oolong tea is that in-between tea, which is neither a black tea, nor a green tea. I don't want to waste such a prized tea by random experimentation so I think some research is in order.

I think it will be fun to describe it and see if I can identify exactly what flavor it is. Kind of like putting my taste buds to the test. I'm actually more affraid that I won't like it. That's probably why I'm making this post - delaying or procrastinating the event. Well there is that and the fact that I just ran out of time today to do anything I really wanted to do, but that's another story.

So I can guarantee that the next tea I'll review will be this mystery tea. Oooooo.... exciting isn't it? What I can't guarantee is that I'll know what it is so this will be interesting - stay tuned.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home