Absolute Tea

Sunday, December 24

Red and Green Rooibos Christmas

After a two month break I have finally returned. Well, I never really went anywhere, but I was in the process of graduating from college. So now I am official - a Bachelor in Fine Arts, Creative and Professional writing degree holder. Yay for me. Now let's see if my writing gets any better.

Okay, enough of that - and onto the tea.

I know what you're thinking, "another post about Rooiobs?" Yes, and I'm proud of it. I mean, what not a better way than to spend the holidays with a cup of rooibos. It's the perfect tea. I know this season normally brings the spiced flavors out, and the Chai is pretty big this season as well. I guess I'm just different. I prefer the sweet melow taste any day over the spicy pepper taste.

Lately, I've been drinking three types of rooibos teas, and they are all red teas. Mostly because I haven't had the time or money to spend on green tea. Not that it's rare or expensive, it's just that the area I live in only has red teas. I'd have to order online if I want green rooibos tea.

Anyway, the types of tea I've been drinking include the straight up - plain red rooibos tea. It may be simple and plain, but boy is it smooth and good. The perfect accompaniment to any cookie combination you might try.

The next tea in my cupboard rotation would be Montana Gold. It's a red rooibos tea with a strong flash of cinnamon along with other Christmas like flavors. All the other flavors they added to this tea are basically keeping the cinnamon at bay. A cup of Montana Gold is perfect with any kind of nut, which you may have roasted over an open fire.

Lastly in my Christmas cupboard of rooibos teas, there is the Egyptian Licorice. The essence of this teas' flavor is a lot like black licorice, which is a taste that you find more accepted in the Northern parts of our country. In Minnesota it's pretty big. I don't really enjoy this tea all that much, but every once in awhile I find myself in the mood for something different.

I'm hoping that I can get some green tea delivered before New Years eve rolls around, as the sweetness of the tea is something I'd like to kick 2007 off with. If I don't get any then I guess I'll be forced to go with coffee, and it better be the best damn coffee I've ever tasted.

Thats all from me for now. I can't say when I'll be posting next, but I hope I can get some in soon. If everything goes right I will be moving to Georgia in 3 months so it might put a damper on updates for a good while again. If it isn't one thing it's another right? There is also this new blogger which I've just switched over to. That means now I'll have all my rooibos articles separated into their own catagory and you and me both can see just how much I post about it.

Have a Merry Tea Drinking Christmas

Labels:

5 comment(s):

Hello,

I am Relznuk, and I maintain the Insani-Tea tea blog, found at insani-tea.blogspot.com. We are a blog of similar interest to yours and currently have a page rank of three (although it has risen much as of recent), and I think you might be interested in linking to us. At the Insani-Tea blog, it's all things tea. From brewing methods to tea recipes to discussions of types of tea to occasional product reviews, and more, there's alot to be had here. I noticed that you have a considerable links list on your blog, and I was hoping that I could be included in it. Once you post a link to us on your main site, we would be oh-so-thrilled to reciprocate. :)

The site can be found at insani- tea.blogspot.com

Thanks so much!

Relznuk of Insani-Tea
insani-tea.blogspot.com

By Blogger Glenn, at 10:00 AM CST  

Hey, Just found your blog and to my suprise your in Bemidji. I am in Moorhead MN, and MY blog is also about LOL

www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com

Small world

By Blogger Bill, at 3:25 PM CST  

Hi Michael,

Just thought you might be interested in Tracing Tea - an expedition from Calcutta to London researching the history and culture of tea. See www.tracingtea.org for more details.

Regards,

Neil
neil@tracingtea.org

By Blogger Tracing Tea, at 1:00 PM CDT  

Hey,


There’s a terrible condition washing over the country called Indooritis, and my agency was hired by Lipton to get bloggers to join the fight. We hope you’ll encourage your readers to visit www.FightIndooritis.com, or at least get their friends to head outside and breathe some actual air.


Thank you for your support,

Brandon


PS – You can see which bloggers are already helping us conquer this horrible lack of outsidity by visiting picnic-in-the-parkes.blogspot.com

By Blogger bd, at 11:54 PM CDT  

Nice article. I love roobios.

By Blogger Stephen, at 5:25 AM CDT  

Post a comment

<< Home